What is covered?
Physical loss of or damage to growing crop directly caused by:
- Uncontrollable pests and diseases.
- Hailstone damage.
- Flooding of the crop field.
- Fire and lightning.
- Malicious damage.
- Riot and strike.
The cover can be extended to include harvested yield whilst stored at the farm or any other place of temporary storage and in transit to any recognised buyer within the country.
Wheat, Barley, Oats, Rye corn, Triticale, Canary Seed, Millet, Panicum, Sorghum, Maize, and Rice among other monocotyledon crops.
Pea, Bean, Lentil, Vetch, Canola, Kale, Mustard, Lupin, Safflower, Sunflower and Linseed among other dicotyledonous crops.
Why should every farmer have this protection?
- Guarantees that your investment is not lost should any of the insured events occur
- Secures your income by making sure you get compensated
- Your bank will consider you a better customer to lend money knowing that their money will be repaid in all circumstances.