Ensuring overall Branch Management, staff management, business growth and development, operational excellence. This role also develops and implements business strategies to deliver performance and growth targets as well as maintain good business environment.
Strategic input and planning:
- Contributes to the completion of the Sidian Bank Retail Operational plan by preparing and implementing a branch business plan that encompasses strategies for performance on branch growth objectives.
- Prepares the branch budget for approval and contributes to the overall control of expenditure by monitoring costs and reporting on performance against budget variations.
Sales & Business Development:
- Full responsibility for all product lines and all sales and business development for entire branch business.
- Develop business opportunities and monitor business’s activities in line with the Bank’s long-term strategic and annual business plans and ensure that the Bank remains competitive and promptly reacts to changing market conditions and customer needs.
- Develop and implement a branch turnaround strategy to ensure that at least the branch is profitable.
- Develop a focused relationship management system, which increases the branch ability to increase the flow of business and generate deposits, lending and revenues from existing and new customers in line with the enterprise strategy.
- Enhance the appropriate controls and monitoring mechanisms for the development of a high-quality lending.
- Ensure full compliance with the Bank’s Credit Policy, Central Bank of Kenya guidelines and appropriate provisions of the Banking Act with respect to lending.
- Enhance relationship marketing and management – to establish, maintain, and enhance relationships with customers and other partners, at a profit, so that the both the customer and bank objectives are met achieved by a mutual exchange and fulfillment of the brand promise.
- Ensuring compliance to the Environmental Social Management (ESM) policy and procedure in day to day branch business.
- Embed strategic marketing by focusing on how to develop competitive advantage into the changing marketplace and leveraging on the banks distinctive capabilities to drive value.
- Enhance creation by creating, communicating, delivering, and offering solutions that have value for customers, shareholders and partners.
- Build the Sidian Bank Brand to ensure that the bank is top of mind as an enterprise bank.
- Understand and provide clear direction to the branch based on market analysis of local area consumer trends and competitor offerings.
- Ensure that merchandising materials are displayed in accordance with guidelines.
- Brief staff on promotional and product launches; provide regular feedback on sales performance.
- Establish relationships with key clients or business influencers in the local area, including client entertainment within budget limits set by the business.
- Support product specialists and the sales team in marketing of initiatives and other products to local businesses.
Strategic Customer Experience
- Key driver for not only customer satisfaction, but building a base of promoters by enhancing positive customer experience and advocacy to drive competitive advantage, leading to faster organic growth and lower cost.
- Create a differentiated customer experience design, tailored to target customer needs and optimize customer interactions with the brand, offerings, and touch points to consistently deliver and make continuous improvements to the design.
- Link sales and service and embed customer service culture as the bedrock to grow the balance sheet.
- Ensures operations meet legislative and Sidian Bank policy requirements, including health and safety requirements, by monitoring systems, procedures and workflows, and implementing corrective action.
- Responsible for all security procedures within the branch including opening procedures, camera surveillance and maintenance, video monitoring, robbery and fire drill procedures.
- Ensures adequate cash levels to support operations.
- Ensures branch staff are adequately trained in KYC and AML and are adhering to the prudential guidelines.
Leadership & People Management
- With the support of Human Resources, is responsible for the Human Resource Management of the branch staff and consults with HR on clarity and interpretation of the HR policy.
- Contributes to the ability of staff to meet performance objectives by providing day to day supervision, training and support and leading performance processes in accordance with Sidian policies and procedures.
- Responsible for identifying and developing career path opportunities for staff.
- Contributes to the development of staff by assisting with the interpretation and implementation of operational policies and procedures.
- Responsible for assigning tasks to staff, scheduling and monitoring work and reviewing results for timeliness, accuracy and quality.
- Contributes to the flow of staff communications, by conducting regular staff meetings – morning huddles and weekly progress meetings.
- Encourages staff to participate in internal and external training and development opportunities as these arise and in accordance with individualized development plans.
- Responsible for the presentation and service standards of retail staff to ensure a professional image is maintained with all clients.
- Ensures adherence to dress code, code of conduct and HR policies and procedures and follows laid down grievance and disciplinary procedure to ensure a conducive work environment.
- Responsible for mentoring and coaching the retail team to enhance staff motivation, engagement and improve performance.
- Approval on lending discretion as per lending policy.
- Approval of new accounts opened in the branch.
- Approval of exceptional requests with respect to KYC on account opening.
- Approval on costs within set budgets e.g. taxi expenses, facilities maintenance, petty cash spend etc.
- Approval to spend on customer recovery within budgeted limit.
- Making decisions on referrals for accounts under their codes.
- Discretion on resource allocation within the branches under approved headcount for optimum productivity.
- University degree or above in a relevant business discipline e.g. business administration or finance.
- At least 10 years’ experience in retail banking and/or commercial banking including a minimum of 5 years proven and progressive management experience.
- Sound knowledge of Retail Banking/SME products, services and processes together with exposure in retail banking branch operations or customer service delivery.
- Profound understanding of retail market, key competitors and offerings as well as our competitive edges to win quality customers.
- Thorough understanding of CBK regulatory framework and pertinent regulations impacting corporate customers.
- Strong leadership, marketing, sales and management skills.
- Highly effective communicator with excellent interpersonal and motivational skills.
- Solid performance management and motivational skills.
- Excellent relationship building and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong managerial, planning, analytical, decision-making, lateral thinking and project management skills.
- Diploma in Banking – AKIB/ACCA/CPA (K)
HOW TO APPLY
Fill in the online job application form below.