JOB PURPOSE: CLAIMS & UNDERWRITING TRAINEE
- Support claims officer in the overall claims strategy
- Support Underwriting Officer underwriting strategy
- Ensuring all underwriting operations follow, the Company and regulatory requirements.
- Claims management and ensuring all claims operations follow the Company and regulatory requirements.
- Manage claims assigned end to end ensuring settlement within the timelines as per SLA.
- Providing risk management advice – notifying the team on any issues affecting the risk and where improvement is required.
- Updating customers and relationship managers on claim positions and statutes
- Receive and review claim process documentation and other relevant documents and pertinent requirements to ensure the accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure claims are updated in the Insurance processing system (IPEN)
- Claims process documentation.
- C0 -Signatory of the general insurance claims with the banks interest
- Ensure all claims received from branches and clients are registered and channeled to the insurers for action and within the stipulated timelines.
- Providing Risk Management advice – Notifying the team on any issues affecting the risk and where improvement is required.
- Escalations on static claims within timelines and schedule underwriter engagements and client visits where need be.
- Managing client and service providers’ relationships – resolve clients’ (internal & external) issues and handling any complaints associated with a claim.
- Ensuring the customer is treated fairly and that the customer receives excellent service in accordance with industry and company guidelines.
- Please note that your job description may be subject to change from time to time in line with the Bank’s strategic direction
- Any other official duty that may be allocated by the line manager from time to time.
- Business Management Underwriting – Branch
- Ensure accurate debit notes & credit notes are raised in the bancassurance system.
- Ensure accurate policy endorsements and revisions are raised in the system.
- Ensure Policy contra and cancellation credit notes are raised in the system.
- Ensure Motor certificates, cover notes and policy documents are issued to the clients.
- Advise Branches and clients on Insurance rates and terms.
- Ensure Policy reinstatements revisions and endorsements are done and communicated to the underwriters.
- Grow the Gross Written premium of the intermediary by onboarding new clients and ensuring retention of the existing by servicing the branches assigned
- General business rates and terms negotiation to ensure or customers get value out of quotes issued and covers placed.
- Enhance and maintain a good business relation between the intermediary and the insurance companies and branches assigned,
- 10 Branches management on Debt collection, Policy renewals and policy cover issue. File ALL insurance pledge forms and ensure renewal with the intermediary
- Detailed explanation of insurance policies to customers, staff and the bank (internal customers)
- Managing client and service providers’ relationships – resolve clients’ (internal & external) issues.
- Through the Supervise customer service and relations functions and manage the complains and compliments register through the support of the client’s services officer.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
This section records how decisions are made and the accountability for making decisions. Give examples of typical decisions that would be made, including:
- Various types of claims analysis
- Correspondence with branches and ensure compliance of all underwriting guidelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preference given to Actuarial, Insurance, Statistics or a Business-Related Course).
- At least 1 years’ experience in insurance claims administration.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Results oriented and self-driven with a proven performance track record
- Comprehensive knowledge of general insurance products
- Good planning, organization, and reporting skills with the ability to deliver effectively under strict deadlines
- Ability to understand the impact of operational initiatives from a sales/marketing perspective
- Excellent communication, presentation and customer service skills.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office software application
- COP (Certificate of Proficiency in Insurance) or progress in Diploma in Insurance ACII or IIK
HOW TO APPLY
Fill in the job application form below.