The Job holder will be responsible for preparation of timely and accurate reconciliations; ensuring supplier payments are processed on a timely basis and correctly posted.
- Checking payments
- Timely payments
- Record keeping
- Prepare various Bank reconciliations ensuring they are accurate & timely as well as follow up resolution of reconciling items. Reconciliations include but not limited to Branch reconciliations, Nostro & CBK reconciliations, Correspondent accounts, Transit accounts, clearing accounts, Bankers cheques, etc.
- Review and process income reversal requests in line with policy.
- Receive, confirm and verify payments, ensuring all contractual and LPO based payments are processed promptly & accurately and that appropriate procedures and approvals have been complied with before processing any payment
- Ensure accruals of expenses are accurately processed before end of month.
- Prepare various schedules for analysis and booking, e.g. prepayment schedules, rent schedules, etc.
- All invoices are checked for validity before payment is made. This may involve liaison with ordering staff to ensure that the goods or services invoiced have been received and are of an appropriate standard.
- Concerns are discussed with the Financial Director before payment.
- Communication is maintained with creditors to ensure that clarification, if required, is obtained in a timely fashion.
- Creditors are dealt with courteously.
- Correct processing of staff claims, exit final dues, salary advances, welfare claims as per the HR guidelines
- Ensuring all internal and external payments are processed accurately and in a timely manner, complying with all appropriate procedures and tax laws.
- All invoices for services received before the last day of the previous month are paid on or before the 20th of the following month. Where a delay is unavoidable, dialogue is maintained with creditors to ensure they are aware of the reasons for any delay.
- Ensure accurate and safe archiving of all relevant documents and vouchers in the department.
- Invoices are filed appropriately and stored for not less than 7 years and the invoices can be retrieved easily upon demand.
- Payments are appropriately annotated with creditor name, invoice number and if appropriate, further information required for responsible accounting.
- Reporting of patterns of invoicing, invoiced totals and other relevant information is made to the Financial Director and/or the Company Accountant as required.
- Preparation and timely submission of the daily Foreign exchange report to CBK while ensuring accuracy of the same.
- Maintaining the Fixed assets register and ensuring that depreciation, acquisitions and disposals are posted correctly and on a timely basis as well as ensuring Work In progress capitalization is done as required.
- Ensure correct and accurate posting to the bank ledgers and branches for correct costing
- Ensure remittance of supplier’s information, all taxes and statutory contributions within stipulated deadlines as required by law.
- Manage external audits ensuring all required data is provided and audits completed on a timely basis.
- Provide relevant information for audit & CBK reviews as appropriate.
- Reporting of patterns of invoicing, invoiced totals and other relevant information is made to the CFO and any unusual payments or patterns of payments are brought to the attention of the CFO.
- The role is highly guided by Policies and Procedures;
- Decision on work scheduling.
- University degree or above in a relevant business discipline e.g. business administration or finance.
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- At least 2 years’ experience in banking.
- Effective communicator with excellent interpersonal and motivational skills;
- Excellent customer service, client relationship management, communication, negotiation, problem solving and interpersonal skills;
- Sense of judgement and common sense with both qualitative and quantitative tools to provide sound and comprehensive analysis/evaluation on complex credit applications;
- Excellent with numbers and MS Excel proficiency.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Minimum Section 2
- Other accounting certifications will be an added advantage
HOW TO APPLY
- Fill in the application form below or;
- Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org