JOB TITLE: FINANCE ASSISTANT
The candidate will be responsible for the preparation of timely and accurate reconciliations; analysis and communication of the same to management for decision making in accordance with the set guidelines.
- Reconciliations preparation and review
- Record keeping
- Fixed assets management
- Reporting – Management & Regulatory
- Prepare various Bank reconciliations ensuring they are accurate & timely as well as follow up resolution of reconciling items. Reconciliations include but not limited to Branch reconciliations, Nostro & CBK reconciliations, Correspondent accounts, Transit accounts, clearing accounts, Bankers cheques, etc.
- Review various Operations reconciliations ensuring they are accurate, timely and reconciling items resolved i.e. Channels reconciliations, Mpesa, Money Gram, Western Union, Visa, Pesalink, etc.
- Ensure accruals of expenses are accurately processed before the end of the month.
- Ensure accurate reversal & processing of accrued expenses after receipt of the actual invoices.
- Prepare various schedules for analysis and booking, e.g. prepayment schedules, rent schedules, etc.
- Preparation and timely submission of the daily Foreign exchange report to CBK while ensuring the accuracy of the same. Also prepare and submit other CBK reports as will be allocated.
- Ensure accurate and safe archiving of all relevant documents and vouchers in the department.
- Review and process income reversal requests in line with policy.
- Maintaining the Fixed assets register and ensuring that depreciation, acquisitions, and disposals are posted correctly and on a timely basis as well as ensuring Work In progress capitalization is done as required.
- Manage external and internal audits ensuring all required data is provided and audits completed on a timely basis.
- Provide relevant information for audit, CBK & other reviews as appropriate.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
- The role is highly guided by Policies and Procedures;
- Decision on work scheduling.
- University degree or above in a relevant business discipline e.g. business administration or finance.
- Two years working experience in Banking.
- Professional qualifications: Minimum of CPA part 1 or equivalent qualification.\
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Effective communicator with excellent interpersonal and motivational skills;
- Excellent customer service, client relationship management, communication, negotiation, problem solving and interpersonal skills;
- Sense of judgement and common sense with both qualitative and quantitative tools to provide sound and comprehensive analysis/evaluation on complex credit applications;
- Excellent with numbers and MS Excel proficiency.
- Ability to work under pressure.
HOW TO APPLY
Fill in the job application form below.