The role is responsible for overseeing the security framework to ensure security controls are in place in the bank, direct the cyber security strategy, identify threat scenarios, quantify risks and work with stakeholders to ensure effective mitigation controls are in place and ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Governance and Compliance
- Cyber Security Assessment
- Monitoring and Review of Systems
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Coordination
- Incidences Management
Governance and Compliance:
- Fraud Risk and IT Security assessments on new initiatives/ business projects.
- Review of the IT Risk Governance Framework and update.
- Track closure of the ICT audit issues as raised by the auditors
- Overseeing and implementing the bank’s cyber security program and enforcing the cyber security policy/ framework and ensure up-to- date information security policies and standards are in place including the cyber risk management plan.
- Review the compliance level to the bank’ ICT policies on a regular basis to ensure completeness and consistency with the current and prospective business activities.
- Assist to develop an information Security awareness program, prepare curriculum for different set of users and execute the program.
Cyber Security Assessment:
- Create and track investigations/analysis of events to resolution.
- Consistently provide recommendations on tuning of the security tools such as Dacktrace, Checkpoint, Netguardian, Web application Firewall, McAfee rules to ensure increased efficiency and reliability on its output.
- Provide recommendations that will assist in revision of the Bank’s policies and procedures on monitoring.
- Overseeing/ Testing software controls and system launches and upgrades and IT risk assessments.
- Conduct oversight over and provide directions to any third-party service provider contracted to perform operational security functions such as information security monitoring, testing and threat intelligence.
- Ensure the Bank maintains a current enterprise -wide knowledge base of its users, devices, application and their relationships, including but now limited to:
- Software and hardware asset inventory
- Network maps (including boundaries, traffic and data flow); and
- Network utilization and performance data
- Keep up to date with the latest security and technology developments, research/ evaluate emerging security threats and ways to manage them.
Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Coordination:
- Disaster recovery coordination. Maintain the IT Disaster Recovery Plan including annual reviews.
- Oversee the regular testing of the plan and update for major changes in hardware, applications, business and regulatory requirements accordingly.
- Coordinate testing and reporting of data backup restorations.
- Ensure adequate backups of critical IT systems and data in line with predetermined recovery objectives (e.g. real time back up of changes made to critical data) are carried out to a site that is unlikely to be affected by a disaster event at the main processing site.
- Ensure the roles and responsibilities of managing cyber risks, including in emergency or crisis decision-making, are clearly defined, documented and communicated to relevant staff.
- Put in place BCP and disaster recovery test plans to ensure that the Bank can continue to function and meet its regulatory obligations in the event of an unforeseen circumstances.
Monitoring and Review of Systems:
- Monitor security events received from the Bank’s security tools on applicable perimeter devices, systems, databases and servers for potential attacks, suspicious or anomalous activities.
- Analyze and correlate network traffic and system/application logs to prioritize and differentiate between potential incidents and false alarms.
- Assist in identifying new solutions to improve the ISO monitoring role in threat identification, detections and response capabilities.
- Strengthen the monitoring of system transactions integrity and events by review of the System audit logs and Escalation of noted anomalies.
- Analyze and document business process objectives and design to identify required information systems controls.
- Ensures vulnerabilities are managed by directing periodic vulnerability scans of servers connected to Sidian Bank networks
- Escalate and report on incidents, potential gaps or risks as observed during monitoring activities.
- Document the security breaches and measure the damage caused.
- Reporting to the Supervisor:
- Share a monthly report on the status of the backup and restoration tests conducted on all the critical systems.
- Prepare a monthly report on privilege access management and bank wide compliance to the user access rights.
- Assist in reporting to the CEO, at least weekly, on the following:
- Status of the Sidian cyber security posture upon reviewing and analyzing the security logs generated from different security devices within the bank.
- Assist in monthly and quarterly reporting on the bank’s cybersecurity posture to senior management and the Board.
- Assist in quarterly reporting to the board on the exceptions noted in user access management likely to impact the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of information
Any other duties as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer science, Cybersecurity, business, or related fields
- Strong knowledge of Information Security related frameworks/ Regulations such as, ISO 27001, NIST 800-53, NIST Cyber Security Framework, Cobit, FFIEC CAT, GLBA, SOX, NYDFS 500, etc.
- At least 2 years of Banking or Information Technology Experience
- Knowledgeable in IT operations
- Proficient in IS Security
- Knowledge on Data Protection laws & General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) is an added advantage
HOW TO APPLY
- Fill in the application form below
- Send your application from to email@example.com