JOB TITLE: MANAGER – COMPLIANCE
Responsible for performing AML/CFT compliance functions and reviewing KYC. Such functions include implementing the Bank’s AML/CFT compliance program, conducting investigations, analysis and responding to Money Laundering/ Terrorism Financing (ML/TF) cases, identifying points of compromise and potential loss.
To ensure that the bank is in full compliance of all statutory and legal requirements as stipulated in the PG Guidelines and the Banking Act.
- Strengthening Risk Management
- Collaborative Partnerships
- Transaction Monitoring and Reviews
Strengthening Risk Management:
- Assist in reviewing new products and services, internal policies and procedures and make recommendations for enhancement of controls and risk mitigation as appropriate, especially for AML/CFT
- Work with business units to establish, maintain and continuously improve AML/CFT compliance risk management capabilities.
- Proactively identify gaps in the assigned reviews, assessments, projects and follow up on implementation of agreed mitigation controls.
- Monitor and track closure of management actions from the compliance reviews, regulators’ and External auditors’ reports.
- Assist in implementing a bank-wide AML program through risk awareness training program for all staff especially on identification and reporting of suspicious transactions.
- Development of AML/CFT Compliance Training for new employees.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of current AML regulations and keep track of developments within the AML scope, sanctions, terrorist financing issues, including policies, procedures, regulations, industry best practice, criminal typologies and developing trends.
- Maintain strong working relationship with internal stakeholders to ensure that compliance issues are regularly discussed and addressed
- Deputize for the MLRO role in the bank.
Transaction Monitoring and Reviews
- Implement adequate AML and CTF controls to ensure that all possible areas of AML & CTF concerns are covered.
- Perform regular reviews of all AML & CTF controls to assess effectiveness. This includes;
- Sanction and Politically Exposed Person (PEP) screening program
- Transaction monitoring program
- Customer and Enhanced Due Diligence program
- Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR) management program
- Adverse Media mentions review program
- Investigative orders management program
- Perform detailed analysis to detect patterns, trends, anomalies and schemes in transactions and relationships across bank’s processes/ customers/ products.
- Assist to develop and implement a detailed work plan to ensure regular review of compliance with approved AML/CFT policies and procedures of the Bank through on-site and off-site reviews of business units and departments on a risk basis.
- Assist in developing Board reports, Management and adhoc reports
- Prepare standard and ad-hoc data reports to regulators and other stakeholders as may be required and within stipulated timelines.
- Ensuring that Regulatory returns are compiled and submitted within the required timelines.
Any other duties as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related course.
- Anti-Money Laundering Certification
- At least 5 years’ experience in AML in a regulated institution, preferably in a financial institution.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of money laundering techniques and regulations
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements and risk management principles
- Demonstrable analytical skills and experience in working with and analyzing large volumes of data
- Good knowledge of payment services and operations
- Good Organizing and planning skills
- Results oriented, effective communicator and a team player eager to learn and share experiences
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
- Report writing skills
- Certified Public Accountant CPA(K)
- Certification in a professional association such as the Association of Certified Anti-Money
- Laundering Specialists (ACAMS) would be a distinct advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
Fill in the online job application for m below.