Manager – Custodial Services
Reporting to the Director, Technology & Operations Division, the job-holder will be responsible for executing and growth of the Custodial Services strategy, enhance business growth, drive initiatives that enhance client relationships and ensure operational efficiency and service delivery within the framework of standard operating procedures and as per the Retirement Benefit Authority (RBA) regulations and CMA guidelines.
- Developing and driving the Custodial Services Strategy.
- Sales, Business Development & Relationship Management.
- Delivering exceptional Customer Experience.
- Delivering seamless Custodial Operations.
Develop and drive the Custodial Services Strategy:
- Enhance Custody and Trustee business by facilitating favorable market practices/policies and fostering good client relationship;
- Provide a consistently high-quality overall marketing, business development and client relationship management to clients/customers & taking overall responsibility for the Custodial Services operations.
Sales, Business Development & Relationship Management:
- Full responsibility for all product lines and all sales and business development for the bank driven through the branch network and Head Office Business Development teams;
- Develop a target market database of clients in the Bank’s desired industries/sectors, have well defined call objectives and drive a robust calling program that will generate sales and business for the Bank;
- Develop business opportunities and monitor business’s activities in line with the Bank’s long-term strategic and annual business plans and ensure that the Bank remains competitive and promptly reacts to changing market conditions and customer needs;
- Spearhead the development and implementation of new Custody Services products;
- Maintain the customer service levels and TAT for the departmental product processing;
- Training and mentoring branches and relationship managers on Custodial products.
Delivering exceptional customer experience:
- Key driver for not only customer satisfaction, but building a base of promoters by enhancing positive customer experience and advocacy to drive competitive advantage, leading to faster organic growth and lower cost;
- Create a differentiated customer experience design, tailored to target customer needs and optimize customer interactions with the brand, offerings, and touch points to consistently deliver and make continuous improvements to the design;
- Delivery of consistent seamless customer service through maintenance of high service standards, relationship Management and partnerships for the Custody business (customers, fund managers, brokers, regulators, administrators, stakeholders).
Delivering seamless Custodial Operations:
- Understanding of the overall risks associated with the Custody operations and ensure there are sufficient and effective controls to manage these risks;
- Enforcement of risk excellence and compliance requirements by Co-ordinating internal and external audits for the unit, to ensure compliance with regulatory, audit and internal controls;
- Maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards commensurate with the requirements of market best practice;
- Ensure all regulatory returns and any other information requested by the regulators are accurately compiled and submitted within the stipulated timelines;
- Leading the Custody team for efficient operations, excellent client service and business growth, to ensure profitability numbers are met and exceeded;
- Making sure that the unit prepares and dispatches/delivers reports to our Custody clients in accordance with set Service Level Agreements;
- Co-ordination, maintenance and compliance on duties and responsibilities under the unit trust, Trustee services and facility agency/registrar business;
- Supporting bank branches in all Custodial related issues; increase the wallet size per customer; ensure all delivery channels are managed effectively resulting in excellent customer service;
- Liaising with administrators & fund managers for documentation and custody fees.
- The role is highly guided by Standard Operating procedures.
- Appropriateness of custodial products.
- Management of risk of assets in custody.
- University degree or above in a relevant business discipline e.g. business administration or finance;
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in Corporate Banking, with at least 2 years in a management position with exposure in Custodial Services.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good marketing skills;
- Good knowledge of market regulations, operations, and practices;
- Good knowledge of capital markets and the pensions industry; and
- A good understanding of investment banking products
- Any Professional qualifications in ACCA, CPA(K);
- Diploma in Banking – AKIB (added advantage)