To assist in maintaining a professional work environment that focuses on superior performance by operations staff – Establish effective systems, procedures and standards of performance for staff in Operations.
KEY RESPONSIBILTIES & DUTIES
- Develop and ensuring adherence to the internal policies and both internal and regulatory procedures.
- Continuous Process Improvements-quarterly review of all processes and procedures, to determine efficiency – which processes are to be reviewed quarterly
- Working with other stakeholders, acting as the liaison between PMO and Shared Services.
- Coordinate centralization and standardization of operational processes across Shared Services and in conjunction with other Quality control functions of the Bank.
- Continuous review, update, implementation and monitoring of adherence to the internal policies, procedures and manuals
- Working closely with Shared Services units in performing quality control checks on a daily basis (tick back).
- Supervision of Branch Controls/Branch Operations Units
- Advising and guiding Branch operational staff on passing entries meant to effect reversals and corrections under their jurisdictions- This is being handled by Branch ops
- Co-ordinate data cleanup exercises and liaise with Enterprise Risk Management on critical data sets as set by various regulations – This should be under projects
- Conduct regular checks on income leakages and co-ordinate process improvements to prevent leakages.
- Guiding and closing all audit exceptions at Shared Services and Branches.
- Bachelor’s degree in any Social Science or Business Management
- Master’s degree is an added advantage
- At least Eight (8) years’ experience in banking environment, with a track record of success.
- Extensive knowledge of Banking theory and practice, Central Bank’s rules and regulations and procedures. Possess thorough knowledge of banking products and services and also a wider understanding of the general banking universe/Industry.
- Excellent and demonstrated leadership capacity including possession of strategic development, monitoring, execution and reporting skills (Have a strategic outlook)
- Strong organizational, administrative and analytical skills including oral and written communication skills, negotiation and interpersonal skills and ability to motivate staff
- Professional Banking qualification (AKIB) is an added advantage
HOW TO APPLY
Apply via the online application form below.