JOB TITLE: MANAGER – ENTERPRISE RISK
To ensure that the overall risk management framework is continually improved and effective, with an aim of ensuring that the Bank operates within its risk appetite to ensure low risk profile.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
Enterprise Risk Management
- Ensure a review of the Risk Appetite Statement annually with updates, when necessary.
- Conduct reviews for new products, partnerships, systems, processes, channels and services, internal policies and procedures and make recommendations for enhancement of controls and risk mitigation as appropriate.
- Design and Implement risk management policies and strategies which comply with legal and regulatory provisions, best practices and specific to bank operations.
- Formulating and ensuring that bank’s ERM policies are up to date.
- Maintain an up-to-date Bank policy log.
- Perform regular stress tests on the risks affecting the bank.
- Monitoring and review of operational Risk reports (KRIs, RCSA, ORSA & Risk Registers) across the various support and business units of the Bank and ensure that the tools are effectively utilised by the Business and communicating gaps identified to the relevant Units/Branches for control enhancement.
- Monitoring of Reputational Risk factors identified from time to time.
- Review and regularly update the Bank’s risk register.
- Support process owners and risk champions with identification of key risk indicators in their respective functions aimed at mitigating those risks.
- Review Risk Event Reports by staff and respond to or escalate recognised and potential risk issues to the appropriate persons as soon as they are discovered.
- Carry out snap checks in line with the Risk Management work plan, or as required based on the risk environment;
- Assist the Head Enterprise Risk Management in entrenching and reinforcing of bank-wide risk awareness culture.
- Assist the Head Enterprise Risk Management of the institution and sustenance of the risk champions program.
Credit Risk Management
- Prepare monthly updates on the current and emerging risk exposures within the bank’s own portfolio and across the market.
- Review and ensure sufficiency of risk management policies and governance guidelines that will be relied on for the management of risks.
- Conduct Credit portfolio analysis including concentration risk, performance analysis and stress testing.
- Continuous update of the Risk registers on Credit Risk.
- Assist Management in defining and propose revisions of risk appetites for Credit Risk.
- Ensure monthly collation of data on the KRIs for credit Risk.
- Recommend improvement in credit appetite, process, procedures and policy as a result of risks identified from the monthly monitoring of KRIs.
- Conduct ad-hoc credit risk analysis and investigations.
- Preparation of risk self-assessment checklists.
- Champion resolution of issues raised on self-assessments on credit risk.
- Review, compilation of the self-assessment checklists and preparation of action points.
- Follow up for closure of issues raised from the assessments with Management /various HODs.
Market and Financial Risk Management
- Daily review of market risk to ensure adherence to set limits and Bank’s appetite.
- Weekly Review of counterparty deals to ensure they are within approved limits.
- Conduct Interest Rate and Foreign Exchange Scenario Analysis and other IRR assessments to include VAR AND Bond valuation.
- Conduct regular CAMEL rating analysis on banks performance.
- Review and update the Bank’s ICAAP annually or as required by the Central Bank of Kenya (CBK).
- Reports on operational losses, fines, penalties and business disruptions.
- Internal reports for management and board used to monitor the various risk exposures faced by the Bank.
- Regular reports that monitor the various risk exposures faced by the Bank, including the open items report, loss data report, insurance claims, Market Risk Limits Monitoring report, shortages and overages, customer complaints, cash limits monitoring report, counterparty limits report, business impact analysis reports, ORSA/ RCSA reports and KRIs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- University degree or above in a relevant business discipline e.g. Banking, Commerce, Business or Finance
- Over 5 years’ experience in the financial sector
- Relevant Certification in Risk, FRM will be an added advantage
- Highly effective communicator with excellent interpersonal and motivational skills.
- Good understanding of CBK Prudential Guidelines, CBK Risk Management Guidelines and reasonable knowledge of Basel II regulation, regulatory capital requirements, as well as other legal and compliance requirements.
- Sound understanding of enterprise risk management
- Ability to understand and interpret financial information and principles
- Proficient in excel
- Thorough understanding of CBK regulatory framework and Anti Money Laundering regulations
- Good analytical skills
- Good Organizing and planning skills
- Good business acumen
HOW TO APPLY
Fill in the online application form below.