JOB TITLE: MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Responsible for ensuring proper planning and implementation of marketing strategy and implementation of marketing activities to drive business growth and create brand awareness and build Brand Equity. Support the Bank in Business Development through insightful marketing strategy, using marketing tools such as research, marketing communications, advertising and public relations.
To manage overall end to end customer experience within the Bank through all channels using well defined standards and processes. The role will drive customer experience function by formulating the Bank’s Customer experience strategy and managing the interactions between the Customer and the Bank throughout the Customer lifecycle as well as optimizing interactions from the customer’s view point to facilitate loyalty.
KEY RESPONSIBILTIES AND ACTIVITIES
- Strategic Marketing
- Brand Management
- Communication & Public Relations
- Digital Marketing
- Corporate Event Management
- Responsible for planning, development, and implementation of all of the Bank marketing strategies, corporate communications and public relations activities, both external and internal.
- Develop & implement marketing strategy-led plans in line with the business strategy and ensure smooth execution to meet set brand & financial metrics within approved budgets.
- Develop a deep understanding of client preferences and trends, based on research – customer satisfaction surveys, mystery shopping and focus groups.
- Develop and implement strategies to strengthen the brand of Sidian Bank by positioning the Bank in relation to all key stakeholders.
- Act as the Bank’s representative with the media, coordinate media interest in the Bank and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
- Drive a strong Public relations and Citizenship strategy.
- Carry out market research, competitor and customer surveys, develop and maintain market/competitor intelligence through gathering and analyzing market information.
- Develop structure for harnessing ideas from the bank staff and customers with a view of creating a pipeline of new innovative products & services for the Bank.
- Define marketing resource requirement and ensure proper allocation across the marketing mix elements and priorities
- Effectively inspire, teach, coach and develop the Marketing & Communications Team
- Define the Sidian Bank brand and develop a powerful affinity brand in consumer minds.
- Be the Sidian brand expert. Initiate programs to ensure bank-wide understanding, acceptance and adherence of the Brand Values and Brand Standards.
- Updates on best practice based on world-class brand-building benchmarks to achieve higher professional standards in the management of the corporate brand. Consolidate & apply learning’s from past experience, training & other relevant sources and adopt this to improve ways of working within the department.
- Develop and implement customer satisfaction measurement programs, which are executed at regular intervals to ensure that the Bank continuously receives feedback on the service quality and the needs/expectations of its chosen target market segments.
- Directs the principles of customer insights for the business to encourage deeper understanding of customer motivations that can be applied to unlock growth. Utilize data to anticipate customer/competitive trends, assesses strategic implications & optimizes business potential based on rational analysis of data.
- Champion the execution of the approved marketing programs for all products & services to ensure accelerated growth in volumes and market share. Evaluating options for Advertising & Promotion (A&P) investment and the results it achieves to achieve optimum value for the Bank.
- Ensures annual marketing plans are prepared on time and focused enough to support Business Units in achievement of their respective revenue objectives. Develops proposals and reports for business/management consideration on various marketing related activities and issues.
Communication & Public Relations
- Planning, developing and implementing the PR strategy for the bank.
- Liaising with colleagues and key spokespeople within the bank to prepare responses for enquiries from media, often via telephone and email.
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media.
- Researching, writing and editing speeches, publicity articles and information for use in the annual financial reports.
- Establishing, maintaining, and enhancing relationships with journalists and with well-connected people in the media industry.
- Preparing and supervising the production of publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programmes.
- Devising and coordinating photo opportunities.
- Organising press events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours.
- Collating and analyzing Sidian’s media coverage vs. competition. Providing recommendations on opportunities for enhanced positive media coverage.
- Maintaining and updating publicity information on Sidian website.
- Fostering community relations through coordination of sponsorships and management of the CSR initiatives to achieve the banks’ community investment objectives.
- Supporting the Group Head of Marketing in managing the PR aspects of a potential crisis situation.
- Ensuring consistency in adherence and application of established policies, processes,
- Oversee the Bank’s digital marketing efforts and management of digital assets including supervision of assets – websites, apps, social media as well as drive content strategy development & rollout to deliver highly engaged communities.
- Champion Sidian’s electronic communications channels. Initiate programs to ensure bank-wide understanding, acceptance and adherence to electronic communication channels.
- Updates on best practice based on world-class e-marketing benchmarks to achieve higher professional standards in the management of the corporate brand.
- Utilize and explore data to anticipate customer/competitive trends for e-marketing & communications, assesses strategic implications & optimize potential based on rational analysis of data.
- Execution of the approved e-marketing promotional programs for all products & services to ensure support the accelerated growth in volumes and market share.
- Conversant with the Bank’s annual marketing plans and develop tailored electronic communications solutions to support the Business Units in achievement of their respective revenue objectives.
- Develop proposals and reports for business/management consideration on various e-marketing related activities and issues.
Corporate Event Management:
- Development and implementation of event projects from proposal right up to delivery.
- Oversight in ensuring events projects are delivered on time, within budget, that they meet business expectations.
- Communicating, maintaining and developing customer (internal) relationships.
- Managing supplier relationships.
- Overseeing operational and administrative functions to ensure all events are delivered efficiently.
- Travelling to event sites for quality inspection and executional excellence.
- Support regional PR & Corporate Event initiatives for the Group when need arises.
- Policies and Procedures for Marketing and Customer Experience across the Bank
- Set Service standards and Service Level Agreements across the Bank
- Complaints management internally, and reporting to regulatory authorities
- Approval of communication both internal and external
- Managing Communication to Media
- Selection of Service providers for Marketing and Customer Experience – with approval from Senior Management
- University degree or equivalent degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Public Relations or related field
- An MBA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience within Business or Operations function with a marketing and customer facing bias with at least 5 years in management.
- Experience in banking is an added advantage.
- Experience leading change and inspiring teams with an exciting future vision .
- Be able to communicate and motivate, have good PR/interpersonal skills, have outstanding reporting skills, understand the principles of sales and marketing including market targeting, market mix and cost effectiveness.
- Member of Marketing Society of Kenya (MSK)
- Appropriate marketing and/or service quality certification will be an added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
Fill in the job application form below.