JOB TITLE: OFFICER – LOANS PROCESSING
The role is responsible for loan processing, verification, documentations and maintenance of approved loan facilities in the core banking system in line with the bank policies and procedures in a prompt, efficient and effective manner.
- Loans processing as per SLA & TAT
- AA Loan Reconciliation
- Record Management
- Risk & Compliance
Loans Processing as per SLA & TAT
- Prompt and efficient processing of all loan products disbursement facilities in T24 core banking system.
- Processing of RTGS instruction as per the credit checklist and credit approval on loan disbursed amount.
- Loan termination, liquidation and pay offs of loan related facilities in core banking in respect to customers instructions and credit approval.
- Ensure marking of Limits/Overdraft and maintenance in core banking systems as per credit approvals and customers request.
- Posting of refunds/recoups in t24 core banking system as per customers instructions and credit approval and collecting commissions as per the bank policy.
- Posting reversal on mis post as per branch request or customer request instructions.
- Processing of loan write offs and write back in core banking system as per board and credit approvals against loan provisions in GL.
- Posting of collateral refund as per credit approvals and customers’ requests.
- Loan amendments on repayment dates, interest rate and modification of terms as per credit approvals.
- Manual loan recovery as per the request both from branch and credit requests to reduce PAR.
- Restructuring of Non-performing loans in t24 core banking systems as per credit approvals/board approval.
- Timely processing of Contractual Savings Standing Orders as required during loan booking to increase cash collateral Lien amount intended as security for the loan.
- Ensure full capacity utilization of application right processes/procedure, ensuring accuracy and compliance/and verification of supporting documentation for loan related application to Prevent income leakage by ensuring recovery of all commissions on loans facilities, overdraft, Trade loans, and recoups/refunds.
- Handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them. Assist to answer all loan queries and customer phone calls. Resolve all issues and maintain knowledge on all loan servicing procedures. Manage all communication with internal departments to facilitate all loan processes credit department.
- Compliance to the bank’s policies and procedures.
- Prompt and efficient response to branch queries raised through email within 24 hours to meet customers timelines and customers’ needs as per the bank policy.
- Keenly reviewing, verification and approvals of documents in credit quest before any disbursement is done for proper/correct processes to avoid error/loss of bank funds.
- Accurate filing of all loan related facilities, recoups/refunds, Loan disbursements, overdrafts, cash collateral, amendments and other client instructions as effected in the unit for future reference and ease retrieval when need arises.
AA Loan Reconciliation:
- Reconciliation of Disputed loan schedules and loan deductions in core banking system to ascertain true position as per documentation verses T24 system.
- Ensure proper reconciliations of interest collected upfront and commissions collected on all related loan facilities.
- Provision of loan processed reports for ease of tick back both physical and system entries.
- Daily loan tick back of all processed loan application form with the system entries/transactions for submission to registry for archiving.
Risk & Compliance
- Comply with the banks Anti Money Laundering (AML ) & Combating the Financing of Terrorism (CFT) policy as defined by CBK prudential guideline.
- This role is regarded as the first line of defense, it has a primary responsibility for identifying, measuring, monitoring and controlling risks within their area of accountability. They are required to establish effective governance, risk and control framework for their business unit to ensure they are compliant with Sidian Bank’s risk policy requirements, to maintain appropriate risk management skills, methodology, frameworks and solutions. In addition, ensure they are operating within the risk appetite boundaries set and approved by the board.
- Ensure that the bank does not transact business with persons whose names match those on the sanctions lists in the Finance day to day business.
- Ensure that confidentiality and integrity of the Bank’s information is maintained at all times in line with cyber security and information security guidelines.
- Ensuring adherence to the policies as defined in the IT security policy considering the disciplinary process that follows any violation.
- Ensure responsibility for using personal data by following the data protection principles under the data protection act and make sure the information is used fairly, lawfully and transparently and used for specified, explicit purposes.
- Ensure compliance with all banks policies, procedures and all statutory requirements.
- University Degree in Bachelor of commerce (Finance or Accounting) or other relevant Business Degree.
- At least three (3) years banking experience.
- Experience in: AA loan related knowledge, Credit disbursement and AA reconciliation related issues
- Prior experience in using T24 core banking system and well versed in T24 processes and procedures.
- Practical experience in use of relevant MS office applications, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Possess thorough knowledge of banking products and services and also a wider understanding of the general banking universe/Industry.
- Good communication and engagement skills.
- Practical experience and understanding in use of Credit Quest (CQ).
- Professional Banking qualification (AKIB) is an added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
Fill in the job application form below.