JOB TITLE: RELATIONSHIP MANAGER – DIGITAL & TRANSACTION BANKING
The Job holder will be responsible for managing Sales & Business Development of Digital, Transaction Banking & Cash Management products and channels, which involves growing uptake and utilization from the bank’s target markets. The job includes continuous enhancement of the breadth and depth of product lines for the division to achieve and sustain competitive positioning in the target markets. Effective account relationship management resulting in optimization of customer satisfaction, retention and wallet share through selling multiple solutions from appropriate range of the bank’s product is critical.
- Strategic input and planning
- Sales and Business Development
- Customer Experience
- Risk & Compliance
Strategic input and planning:
- Contributes to the completion of the Digital, Transaction banking & Cash Management strategy by preparing and implementing an individual business plan that encompasses strategies for performance on branch and SBU growth objectives.
- Prepares a personal action plan that contributes to the overall budget.
Sales & Business Development:
- Full responsibility for all digital product lines and all sales and business development: Card business – debit and credit cards, Corporate and Retail Internet Banking sales, Host to Host integrations, Mobile Banking and Mobile Lending.
- Drive Mobile collections i.e. Lipa Na MPesa products – Tills/ Paybills / Sidian Express. Salary advance for employed staff and Money Transfer remittances.
- Responsible for corporate customer collections through offering Remote Cheque scanners and Direct Debits.
- Develop business opportunities and monitor digital channels activities in line with the Bank’s long-term strategic and annual business plans and ensure that the branch and SBU remains competitive and promptly reacts to changing market conditions and customer needs.
- Enhance relationship marketing and management – to establish, maintain, and enhance relationships with customers and other partners, at a profit, so that the both the customer and bank objectives are met achieved by a mutual exchange and fulfillment of the brand promise.
- Actively market and develop the digital banking products to existing and prospective clients to grow the wallet share.
- Continuously conduct market research and competitor analysis to identify new business opportunities.
- Manage relationships of key accounts while tapping on their share wallet through cross selling and upselling.
- Activation of clients on-boarded on different digital channels i.e. mobile, debit card, credit card, LNM, Internet Banking to drive utilization, transaction volumes and income.
- Responsible for Credit card business growth in the branch through customers acquisition and usage.
- Responsible for portfolio growth through a series of aggressive client acquisition, sales and relationship management to increase the uptake of cash management products.
- New merchant acquisitions, developing merchant relationships and attending to merchant enquiries, setting up of new merchants under Lipa na Mpesa and Sidian Xpress.
- Driving the growth of revenue from cash management solutions and any new products that maybe introduced by the bank.
- Responsible for driving growth in salary advance / mobile lending loan book within the branch by ensuring eligible customers/agents are onboarded to the service and transactional.
- Responsible for driving growth in Bulk Internet banking processors within the branch by ensuring eligible customers are, onboarded and transactional.
- Enhance creation by creating, communicating, delivering, and offering solutions that have value for customers, shareholders and partners.
- Build the Sidian Bank Brand to ensure that the bank is top of mind as an enterprise bank.
- Understand and provide clear direction to the branch based on market analysis of local area consumer trends and competitor offerings.
- Support product specialists and the sales teams in marketing of initiatives and other products to local businesses.
- Key driver for not only customer satisfaction, but building a base of promoters by enhancing positive customer experience and advocacy to drive competitive advantage, leading to faster organic growth and lower cost.
- Link sales and service and embed customer service culture as the bedrock to grow the balance sheet.
- Seamless customer support on and an all rounded approach to ensure their challenges are timely handled and complaints promptly escalated for closure.
Risk & Compliance
- Ensure full compliance with the Bank’s Credit Policy, Central Bank of Kenya guidelines and appropriate provisions of the Banking Act with respect to mobile lending.
- Responsible for managing PAR 0-30 days on salary advance / mobile lending and merchant lending and other digital lending products within the branch by ensuring eligible customers are honoring their repayments
- Comply with the banks Anti Money Laundering (AML ) & Combating the Financing of Terrorism (CFT) policy as defined by CBK prudential guideline
- Ensure that confidentiality and integrity of the Bank’s information is maintained at all times in line with cyber security and information security guidelines
- Ensuring adherence to the policies as defined in the IT security policy considering the disciplinary process that follows any violation
- Ensure responsibility for using personal data by following the data protection principles under the data protection act and make sure the information is used fairly, lawfully and transparently and used for specified, explicit purposes.
- Ensure compliance with all banks policies, procedures and all statutory requirements.
- Ensure proper systems/documentations are in place to effectively manage AML/CFT risks and strict compliance with the Banking laws, the prudential guidelines and regulations issued by CBK, and other legal guidelines that may be issued by the government or other industry stakeholders, from time to time.
- Responsible for identifying and reporting potential and actual Money Laundering Risk within customer business, including suspicious transactions in accordance with the laid down AML policies & procedures.
- University Degree in Bachelor of commerce (Finance or Accounting) or other relevant Business Degree
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years’ experience in banking.
- A minimum of 3 years skills experience in Electronic Channels / Cash Management / Digital Banking / Transactional Banking.
- Experience in banking regional delivery, with extensive knowledge in Internet Banking.
- Experience and knowledge in Money remittance field.
- Sound knowledge of Retail Banking/SME products, services and processes together with exposure in retail banking branch operations or customer service delivery.
- Profound understanding of retail market, key competitors and offerings as well as our competitive edges to win quality customers.
- Thorough understanding of CBK regulatory framework and pertinent regulations impacting corporate customers.
- Strong leadership, marketing, sales and management skills.
- Highly effective communicator with excellent interpersonal and motivational skills.
- Solid performance management and motivational skills.
- Excellent relationship building and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong managerial, planning, analytical, decision-making, lateral thinking and project management skills.
Desirable to have:
- CPA (K), ACCA or equivalent professional qualification
- Diploma in Banking – AKIB
- Project Management
HOW TO APPLY
Fill in the job application form below.