Sales Lead – Branch Banking Department
• Roles/Responsibility: Product sales/lead generation/pipeline development for branches in the allocated cluster
• Product Focus: Deposits mobilization, New to bank accounts/digital, Trade income, SME Banking – Disbursements & Lending fees, Total NFI
• Goal setting: Personal targets + Cluster targets 50:50 respectively
The candidate will be responsible for on boarding new clients, increasing uptake and usage of the Bank products, services and resources in order to maximize the value of the business relationships while ensuring profitability for the Bank and the Client within the allocated cluster.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
Strategy & Policy Implementation:
- Ensures achievement of targets and other goals outlined in the units Key Result Indicators.
- Support the implementation of the Bank’s lending policy and procedures.
- Loan origination for new and existing credit facilities within the limits and criteria stipulated by the Bank’s policy and guidelines.
Business Development and Relationship Management:
- Provide advice on promoting, selling and structuring a wide and diverse range of financial solutions customized to best meet the financial needs of SME/Trade Finance customers.
- Develop a target market database of clients in the Bank’s desired industries/sectors, have well defined call objectives and drive a robust calling program that will generate sales and business for the branches in the cluster.
- Mine and analyze customer data to identify and plan for expansion and/or additional business opportunities.
- Perform a proactive liaison role between customers and back office service operations and credit functions within the cluster.
- Interact frequently and closely with branches and clients to analyze needs, assist clients to better understand their financial requirements and tailor creative solutions to meet individual customer segment needs.
- Accurately and efficiently process customer mandates/documentation requirements for financial facilities.
- Work closely with Credit Analysts and Credit Risk to initiate business deal proposals for new facilities, or facility modifications that require the assessment of credit or other risks, and motivate the deal with insightful information regarding business strengths and vulnerabilities in the respective branches in the cluster.
- Facilitate renewal of revolving lines of credit in a timely manner as guided by the banks policies and procedures
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Monitor referrals daily to ensure that client facilities are managed within the parameters set by Credit risk and exercise discretion regarding account conduct based on a close knowledge and understanding of client activities.
- Proactively identify potential problem accounts and formulate appropriate risk mitigants.
- Monitor and ensure compliance of facility covenants to ensure performance and profitability.
- Provide regular call reports for all facilities to enhance Monitoring & Evaluation.
- Monitor service delivery to bank customers to ensure high levels of efficiency and effectiveness.
Risk and Compliance:
- Ensure compliance with both internal and external regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with risk and compliance units to ensure effective controls to mitigate against inherent operational and business risks.
- Ensure implementation and compliance with operational policies and procedures, AML/CFT Policy.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
- Negotiation of deposit rates within the ALCO/Treasury prescribed pricing bands.
- Submit recommendations on concessional charges whose impact would result in additional business from clients he/she manages.
- Master’s degree would be an added advantage.
- University degree with minimum of Second-Class Honors, Upper Division.
- KCSE B- with Maths – C+ and English – C+
- At least 5 years Banking experience in a Managerial Position preferably as a Branch Manager.
- At least 3 Years in Relationship Management within the banking industry.
- Proven experience as a Client Relationship Manager.
- Problem-solving attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Aptitude for fostering positive relationships.
- Teamwork and leadership skills.
- Customer-oriented mindset.
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION REQUIRED
- Diploma in Banking- CKIB/AKIB/ACIB.
- Diploma In Sales & Marketing would be an added advantage