The Senior Officer, CBK Reporting and Reconciliations is responsible for the accuracy of all regulatory financial information and for the effectiveness of the financial control framework. The role plays an essential part in building an appropriate reporting and general ledger capability and structured financial control framework.
Financial and CBK reporting
- Ensure that monthly and periodical financial reports are prepared accurately and circulated to all users within the required timelines. The reports include but not limited to all CBK reports (daily, fortnight, monthly and quarterly reports), reports to KDIC and Long-term financiers’ reports.
- Ensure CBK reports are accurately prepared in accordance with CBK guidelines and submissions timelines observed.
- Liaising with other departments whose reports are required by CBK, (Credit/Operation/Business) and ensuring the same are remitted on time.
- Ensure the bank’s quarterly and annual accounts are prepared accurately and submitted to CBK for approval to publish within the set deadlines.
Management of fixed assets and investment in Government securities
- Maintenance of the Fixed assets register which includes; computation and posting of monthly depreciation/amortization, handling of disposal requests and maintenance of Fixed assets movement schedule.
- Maintenance of Investment in government securities schedules, posting of the respective accruals and periodical reconciliation of the portfolio as required.
Reconciliations and controls
- Ensuring that all reconciliations handled at Finance are completed and shared with the respective users within the timelines set-out in the Finance policy. These include but not limited to reconciliation of Nostro and CBK, Clearing, Transits and Branches’ internal accounts.
- Follow up and resolving long outstanding issues with the relevant stakeholders.
- Ensuring that all requests for income reversals are valid and duly authorized before execution and that they are processed within the SLA.
- Handling and processing of next of Kin claims and application of insurance compensation for deceased clients as per policy.
Income Accounting and control of income leakages
- Monitoring all income TB lines to watch out for debits to income, seeking for explanations once a user debits any income account.
- Attend to branch requests for approval of reversals from commissions and income PLs.
- Coordinating with other departments in maintaining the accuracy of activities being posted in the general ledger.
- Ensuring that all requests for income reversals are valid and duly authorization before execution and processed within the SLA.
- Championing automation of Finance CBK reports and ensuring optimal utilization of the BI/MI system.
- Being in charge of annual submissions to Unclaimed Financial Assets Authority (UFAA) process which involves planning for the same and engaging the different stakeholders in advance to ensure submission before deadline.
Involvement in Audit process
- Prepare all interim and year-end audit schedules and reports, providing documentation and explanations.
- Participation in preparation of the bank’s annual report and financial statements.
- To train and mentor other junior staff in the department
- To keep abreast with professional developments, CBK and other legislative changes, and changes in the International Financial Reporting Standards and championing their adoption within the Bank.
- Play a role in the efficient operation of the team, ensuring maximum flexibility to meet changing demands; prioritize work in order to deliver a high-quality frontline service.
- Business Related Degree
- Qualified accountant (CPA/ACCA or their equivalent)
- At least four-year experience in Financial reporting.
- Good working knowledge of IFRS accounting and/or CBK reporting requirements.
- Self-confidence and an ability to command respect and trust.
- Natural attention to detail.
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong Interpersonal skills.
- Good Planning and organizing skills.
HOW TO APPLY
- Fill in the application form below.
- Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org