- Ensure that monthly and periodical financial reports are prepared accurately and circulated to all users within the agreed time frame. The reports include monthly management accounts, shareholders reports and performance analysis reports.
- Ensure the bank’s quarterly and annual accounts are prepared accurately and submitted to respective statutory regulatory bodies within the set deadlines.
- Liaison with other departments whose reports are required by CBK, (Credit/Operation/Business) and ensuring the same are remitted on time.
- Ensure CBK reports are accurately prepared in accordance with CBK guidelines and submitted within the set deadlines.
- Advise the Bank on any major changes in the prudential guidelines.
- Play a role in the efficient operation of the team, ensuring maximum flexibility to meet changing demands; prioritize work in order to deliver a high-quality frontline service.
- Lead and co-ordinate any CBK/management reporting related business
Daily monitoring and supervision over account reconciliations
- Reviewing all account reconciliations done by the financial accounting section
- Helping the team solve long outstanding issues with branches
- Ensuring that end of month adjustment is recorded accurately
Audit schedules maintenance
- Prepare all interim and year-end audit schedules and reports, providing documentation and explanations.
- Review of revenue and expense trends, investigating variances and providing explanations
Income Accounting and control of income leakages.
- Monitoring all income TB lines to watch out for debits to income. Seeking for explanations once a user debits any income account.
- Attend to branch requests for approval of reversals from commissions and income PLS.
- Coordinating with other departments in maintaining the accuracy of activities being posted in the general ledger.
- Knowledge; Skills and Experience required for this Role
- Graduate of a well-recognized university, preferably in an Accounting / Finance field;
- Qualified accountant (CPA/ACCA or their equivalent),
- Preferably with a minimum of 5 years’ post-qualification experience in financial reporting;
- Good working knowledge of IFRS accounting requirements;
- Self-confidence and an ability to command respect and trust
- Natural attention to detail
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Good Planning and organizing skills.
HOW TO APPLY
- Apply via the form below
- Send your application to email@example.com