Service Desk Analyst
IT Service Desk function acts as a single point of contact between IT department and the business units for all incidents, service requests, change notifications, and any other necessary communications.
The Service Desk Analyst will report to the Client Services Manager – IT, and will work closely with other members of the IT department to support all end users (Head Office Staff and branch users).
- Incidents Management
- Acts as a single point of contact between the IT department and the business units for all incidents, service requests, change notifications, and any other necessary communications.
- Log all service desk interactions and document issue resolution using the ITSM system.
- Identify and effectively prioritize situations requiring urgent attention.
- Provide first-level support for all hardware and software issues logged by users.
- Issue timely communication and status updates for critical and high incidents.
- Problem Management
- Escalate problems and continuously engage with the 2nd level and/or 3rd party support vendors to ensure timely resolution of all escalated system faults/bugs on the Business Systems.
- resolution of all escalated system faults/bugs on the Business Systems.
- Consistently monitor the status of all logged incidents and requests and escalate to a higher resolution level when service level agreements are in breach.
- Advise and educate users on appropriate action.
- Escalating recurring incidents to Problem Management where the PM team will conduct a root cause analysis and find an ultimate solution to the incident.
- Service Desk Administration
- Follow standard service desk procedures.
- Install and support user applications such as Office 365, Windows Operating system, and Sidian Bank Applications
- Maintain accurate inventory of all hardware and software resources and parts
- Maintain excellent communication with all end-users and other members of the technology department
- Work with IT suppliers as needed
- Project work that involves first-level support for new systems.
- System Reporting
- Generation of various service desk reports in an accurate manner and distribution in an effective and timely manner.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- Minimum 2 years experience with 1 year in an IT service support, systems analyst or service management role within a large highly digitized organization managing mission-critical systems.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge and experience in IT Service Desk practices
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to manage priorities and tasks and time efficiently and demonstrate a proactive approach to daily tasks.
- Communication skills.
- ITIL V3 Foundation