|Job Title||Officer, Internal Audit||Reports To||Manager, Internal Audit|
Serves as an Internal Auditor. Performs advanced level professional internal auditing work as a key component of the corporate governance structure. Responsible for carrying out normal audits, follow up audits, snap audits , special audits and investigations in branches and head office functions.
Maintains organizational and professional ethical standards. Works independently with extensive latitude for initiative and independent judgement.
|KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES|
· Plan, Organize, Monitor and Perform of Internal Audit operations, normal audits, follow up audits, snap audits and special audits in branches and head office functions, documenting findings and making recommendations and taking corrective actions to address performance problems with minimum supervision and in accordance with the International standards of internal auditing.
· Review; Revise of audit programs, processes and checklists in all Bank functions to ensure they are up-to-date and valid before commencement of audit assignments.
· Participate in Identification and evaluation of the organization’s risk areas and participate in the development of the annual Audit Plan.
· Perform audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analysing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
· Execute the annual work plan for assignments allocated and ensuring detailed planning of each assignment and submitting planning memos for approval before commencement of field work.
· Apply appropriate techniques, technology, analyses, approach, and methodology in each audit assignment to ensure that frauds and internal control weaknesses are detected and exposed in each assignment. Guide the audit staff in the identification, development and documentation of audit issues and recommendations.
· Preparing quality working papers to ensure detailed and appropriately coverage in each audit assignment for review by the assistant manager and the manager.
· Interpret results of audit work performed, determine risks and internal control weaknesses draw conclusions and make recommendations.
· Lead audit teams and Review working papers to ensure quality of the audit and to ensure detailed and appropriate coverage in each audit assignment. Ensure that work is properly planned and supervised. Compliance to Internal audit standard 1320.
· Preparing well-articulated Record of audit findings (RAF) to communicate audit findings. RAF should meet quality in grammar, clarity, readability, accuracy of facts, logic conclusions, neatness and organization.
· Communicate the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to the auditees. Prepare well-articulated audit reports to communicate audit findings. Reports should meet quality in grammar, clarity, readability, accuracy of facts, logic conclusions, neatness and organization.
· Develop and maintain productive client, staff and management through individual contacts and group meetings.
· Couch new internal auditors to ensure a professional audit team appropriately motivated.
· Pursue professional development opportunities, including internal and external training and professional association memberships, and share information gained with co-workers.
· Keep abreast of latest trends and developments in banking industry and within the bank. Active participation in relevant professional groups and networks. Maintain effective working relationship with all layers of management
· Organize internal audit teams, providing logistical support and soliciting appropriate approvals from the Senior Internal Auditor.
· Meet the financial budget and schedule of work allocated successfully with minimum supervision
· Recommend updates to existing audit programs and checklists
· Prepare daily reports to the Assistant Manager detailing status of assignments allocated and where possible hold meetings with assistant Manager to discuss the same.
· Discussing audit findings with line manager and presenting the same in exit meetings.
· Ensuring application of appropriate techniques, technology, analyses, approach, and methodology in each audit assignment to ensure that frauds and internal control weaknesses are detected and exposed in each assignment.
· Travel extensively throughout the country on branch audits.
· Other duties as assigned by Head of Internal Audit, Manager Internal audit or Senior Internal Auditor
|KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE|
· Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience required for this Role
· At least 2 years’ experience in internal audit in a commercial bank
· Bachelors’ degree in business
· Relevant professional qualifications e.g. CPA, CISA, CIA
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Technically strong and analytical, with well-developed IT skills;
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Extensive knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, and management principles and preferred business practices.
· Considerable knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
· Considerable knowledge of industry program policies, procedures, regulations and laws.
· Considerable skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
· Considerable skill in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations.
· Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.