JOB TITLE: OFFICER – EARLY COLLECTIONS
The purpose of the role is to closely monitor and collect from allocated monitoring portfolio PAR (1-90 days) i.e. Normal & Watch category) within all sectors of the Bank and strategizing for returning the accounts to performing status or and reducing slippages/attrition to NPL.
- Debt collection
- Customer Experience
- Risk & Compliance
- To proactively identify delinquent accounts (1-90days) and promptly rectify the default to ensure minimal attrition to Non-performing Category.
- Ensure cure rate (Arrears collections) of 95%(Minimum).
- Ensure roll rate (Attrition) of 5% maximum.
- Ensure that demand letters as per the payment diary are generated and dispatched within 2-days and the respective telephone follow ups made.
- Issue pre-listing notices when the facilities are 60 days in arrears.
- Track and document early detection of problem accounts and ensure that they are escalated and acted upon as per Collections Strategy.
- Strictly monitor payment arrangements to ensure compliance and escalate hardcore cases to the next level.
- Promptly attend to customers’ requests and queries either through call backs, faxing or mailing requested documents.
- Provisions not to exceed set budget through proactive management of overdue facilities.
- Implement Credit monitoring policies. i.e. exercise the enforcement process of recovering debts through constant calling, sending of SMS’s, demand letters & emails, issuance of notices and ensure that no losses are incurred in terms of Credit Monitoring in conjunction with Legal department
- Giving customers information relating to the balances and general account status information to facilitate payments and Provide feedback concerning customer payment behavior to management.
- Prompt calling of customers using the payment diaries produced on a daily basis. Generally, manage and control all matters relating to delinquency.
- Minimizing customer complaints and ensure all customer complaints are closed within the reporting period.
- Giving customer feedback on time. This involves activities like sending client’s statements as per their request and responding to any queries that they may have.
- Encouraging customers to take up more loans and open up business accounts as a means of income generation to the bank.
Risk & Compliance
- Ensure full compliance with the Bank’s Credit Policy, Central Bank of Kenya guidelines and appropriate provisions of the Banking Act with respect to mobile lending.
- Responsible for managing PAR 0-30 days on salary advance / mobile lending and merchant lending and other digital lending products within the branch by ensuring eligible customers are honoring their repayments
- Comply with the banks Anti Money Laundering (AML ) & Combating the Financing of Terrorism (CFT) policy as defined by CBK prudential guideline
- Ensure that confidentiality and integrity of the Bank’s information is maintained at all times in line with cyber security and information security guidelines
- Ensuring adherence to the policies as defined in the IT security policy considering the disciplinary process that follows any violation
- Ensure responsibility for using personal data by following the data protection principles under the data protection act and make sure the information is used fairly, lawfully and transparently and used for specified, explicit purposes.
- Ensure compliance with all banks policies, procedures and all statutory requirements.
- Ensure proper systems/documentations are in place to effectively manage AML/CFT risks and strict compliance with the Banking laws, the prudential guidelines and regulations issued by CBK, and other legal guidelines that may be issued by the government or other industry stakeholders, from time to time.
- University Degree in Bachelor of commerce (Finance or Accounting) or other relevant Business Degree.
- 2 years’ experience in banking operations, with sound exposure to credit or lending and Credit monitoring.
- Professional Banking qualification (ACIB) or Credit Administration/Credit Monitoring will be an added advantage
- Proven track record of consistently exceeding set targets.
- Versatility, flexibility, passion and commitment to quality service delivery.
- Knowledge in legislation relating to perfection of securities and requirements by regulating bodies.
- Good understanding of SIDIAN Credit risk policy.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Experience in Ms Office packages especially Excel for analysis and reconciliation.
- Good understanding of CBK regulatory framework and pertinent regulations impacting borrowing customers.
- Highly effective communicator with excellent interpersonal and motivational skills.
- Solid performance management and motivational skills.
- Excellent relationship building and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong planning, analytical, decision-making, lateral thinking and project management skills
HOW TO APPLY
Fill in the job application form below.